This blog is published for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and the thousands of Muslims raised or reverts, or even non-Muslis, who might be living in areas where they are not able to experience Ramadan in a Muslim community; so we, at MWA, invite you to be a part of our community in Ramadan.

The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong) Al-Baqarah 2:185

Established in 2006, Muslimah Writers Alliance (MWA) is an internationally-based collaboration of Muslim women writers and advocates working together to counter negative and inaccurate perceptions regarding members of the Muslim community and the Islamic faith.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MWA member Nancy Shehata on 'Hitting the Suhoor Wall...."

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullah.

Halfway through Ramadan. The alarm clock went off on time. Bleary-eyed, I stumble to the kitchen to make suhoor, the morning meal that is supposed to sustain us throughout the day of fasting. I stand there in front of the refrigerator, staring at the contents, contemplating what to make. I start rummaging through yogurt containers, none of which actually contain yogurt. Hmm... cucumber salad, leftover pasta, chicken livers. Nope. I open the cupboards that I just cleaned out the other day, casting my eyes over cans of corn and tomatoes. Nuh-uh. Finally my gaze falls on a carton of eggs sitting on the counter. I default to egg sandwich mode. I really don't want to cook anything but I can't stand the idea of making a smoothie. The blender would be way too loud, and I know the blueberries had partially thawed before I put them in the freezer and I'd have to hack off a corner from the bag with a butcher knife in order to get enough to use. Sigh. At least I can cook an egg on autopilot. (read more)

ABOUT MWA MEMBER NANCY SHEHATA
Nancy Shehata is a busy wife, mom, and writer living in Fredericksburg, Virginia. She blogs about Islam, politics, life, and the joys of raising a family at www.muslimahinprogress.blogspot.com while simultaneously wiping runny noses and helping her husband find obscure reference material for his lectures. Nancy's desire in life is to de-mystify Islam for non-Muslims and to help Muslims learn their religion according to authentic sources. She also shares her love of food at www.radicalislamiccuisine.wordpress.com.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy's blog is hilarious! A simply must read! Be sure to click on the "read more" link at the end of the post to cross over for the ending on her blog! Insha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete

Blog administrators reserve the right to approve or disapprove posts.