This blog is published for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and the thousands of Muslims raised or reverts, or even non-Muslis, who might be living in areas where they are not able to experience Ramadan in a Muslim community; so we, at MWA, invite you to be a part of our community in Ramadan.

The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong) Al-Baqarah 2:185

Established in 2006, Muslimah Writers Alliance (MWA) is an internationally-based collaboration of Muslim women writers and advocates working together to counter negative and inaccurate perceptions regarding members of the Muslim community and the Islamic faith.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Preparing for Ramadan 2011 by MWA Member Queen Sheba Cisse

Bismi ALLAH, The Magnificent.

Being prepared mentally and spiritually is a great start for I and my household. I often spend time reflecting on previous Ramadan's and have conversations with my family about our past experiences, sharing the excitement of preparing for Suhur and playing Quranic tapes.

Queen Sheba Zawiyah is a cozy haven located in our residence and we often invite guests and give dawah to others in the community seeking the truth of Islam. The doors are always open.

Back home in Africa we share similar experiences. The Shayukh teach about the life of Beloved Muhammad (PBUH).
Senegal is about 96% Muslim and we often hear the adhan sounding off in more than one direction. I increase my focus on spritual purity which brings me closer to ALLAH. We also frequently visit friends and family. I often break my fast at a different home (not intentional) because I sometimes can't sit still. I try to make time to feed the desperately poor and elderly from what I carry in my cart on wheels whether it be clothing, liquid drinks or passing out coins from my purse. I am at the service of the public. For me it is a time to detox from within.

Insha ALLAH I will also be fasting during a journey.

Aisha (May ALLAH be pleased with her) related that Muhammad (PBUH) was asked whether one should fast when on a journey, and he replied: Fast if you like, or postpone it if you like. (Bukhari, Muslim)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog administrators reserve the right to approve or disapprove posts.